Processed with VSCO with hb1 preset Processed with Snapseed.
Finding inspiration in life balance goals.
I am enjoying clean eating and small bursts of enjoyable exercise…but i’m also enjoying wine and chocolate. I love getting dressed up, but I also love relaxed and comfortable styles for those hot and sticky summer days (If you’re in Australia, you know what i’m talking about). I am playing around with “no makeup makeup” designs as well as more dramatic looks. And recently I have had Sunday’s off, so I’ve been able to go to Church and be encouraged in my faith.
What things are inspiring you lately? I’d love to know!
P.S How gorgeous is Whitney Port!
Welcome to February
Here is this month’s ten things list
1. I know it’s designed for kids…but I want this glitter pizza slice bag
2. My friend Sarah has a website/blog with all of her gluten, dairy and refined sugar free recipes. Check it out here
3. Planning on adding this Too Faced sweet peach eyeshadow palette to my makeup kit soon.
4. Environmentally conscious and ethically made clothing by the girlfriend collective
5.Interactive installations in Tokyo by TeamLab
6. A cute swimsuit
7. A great film
8. John Mayer reveals the inspiration behind some of the songs off his new album here
9. Even though Easter isn’t until mid April this year, I’m already on the hunt for the best hot cross bun’s in Brisbane
10. Need to make a brow appointment at Bella Brows A.S.A.P
Inspiring fashion from the street’s of Paris.
I hope January is treating you well so far!
Here is the first of 2017’s ten things – enjoy.
1. Thinking of a date night at this French restaurant that recently opened in Brisbane.
2. Anyone who know’s me, know’s I love Desi Perkins makeup YouTube channel.
3. Plugging this yoga series again, because it’s been great and challenging. I would recommend this to anyone who is considering trying yoga for the first time.
4. I recently stumbled across this wine blog.
5. Mimco teamed up with Our Watch – 100% of the profits of these clutches will go towards preventing violence against women and children. check it out here
6. My summer fragrance
7.In need of help with decorative details and flowers for your next event? -sorted – here
8. This dress made it onto the wish list
9. Slowing turning that dream holiday in Bali into a reality.
10. Planning on making this summer salad this week
Welcome to 2017!
This year, I am going to focus on creativity. I am looking forward to getting back into the practice of creating. I want to strengthen my skill set and grow as an artist. I want to cook more interesting meals, attempt more elaborate makeup designs, make short films, write and draw, take photographs, play around with fashion and continue to create a peaceful and beautiful living environment.
What goals did you set for yourself this year?
2016 has been a weird year – and I don’t think I am alone in feeling that way. Soon we will be starting new year, fresh and full of possibility. I look forward to all that is to come.
Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas.
Here is December’s Ten Things:
1. A classic and gorgeous Holiday makeup look
2. John Mayer’s new single “Love on the weekend” performed live on The tonight show starring Jimmy Fallon
3. Buzz Feed’s list of differences if the TV show “Friends” was set in Australia here
4. I will never get tired looking at/re-reading this blog
5. Father teaching his daughter’s self affirmations here
6. chai tea cocktail recipe
7. 50 Pet’s who are ready to celebrate Christmas here
8. List of the best location to look at Christmas lights in Brisbane here
9. My husband and I are working our way through this Yoga series
10. Shigeru Miyamoto playing the Super Mario theme song here
I’ll be writing a few Christmas themed blog posts – sorry, not sorry!
I love Christmas time – even though for me it means a crazy work schedule and a full diary, it’s a time of year to be thankful for those around you, to spoil your loved ones and to reflect on the birth of our Saviour.
At work, we recently drew out the names for secret Santa. A fun little tradition, but also a slightly stressful one. If after an unhealthy amount of stalking through their social media, you’re still not sure what to get, then perhaps the below list can help!
All gifts are between $10 -$30 (Australia only)
1. Espresso Martini in a jar for $10 this is a unique twist on the gift of alcohol. (shh, my lucky person if getting one of these, among some other things in their gift this year)
2. For tea lovers, check out these cute fruity blends ($10) and add a beautiful tea cup (also $10) to complete the gift.
3. For note takers – Kiki-K delivers on stationary, with designs to suit everyone – check out these planner kits ($19.95) notebooks ($9.95) and notepads ($8.95) – You can add to it with pens or post-it notes.
4. Something for their tree – A few beautifully crafted ornaments for their Christmas tree is a gift that they can enjoy every Christmas. Check out West Elm for some inspiration here
5. A gift that helps others – World Vision has set up a giving page that outlines where your money is going and how it is practically helping those in need. For $20 you can provide solar lights that are essential during emergency evacuations and times of conflict. If you wanted to spend just $5 extra, you can help to provide school books or immunization for children. $15 contributions go towards school supplies or mosquito nets.
6.For green thumbs – A beautifully potted plant, cactus or herb makes a lovely gift that can be enjoyed all through the new year. Check out Bunnings for a huge variety at affordable prices.
7. For the environmentally conscious- look no further than Lush Cosmetics. They have a huge range of beautifully wrapped gifts including bath bombs, shower gels, body lotions and more! All products are vegan and contain environmentally friendly ingredients. Check it out here
8. The movie lover – This Home Alone Collection will get the whole family together to enjoy some classic Christmas cinema. Add to the gift with popcorn or chocolates for a perfect Christmas Eve in with the family.
9. Spoil coffee lovers with a new coffee mug – I love these classic Country Road mugs Add to the gift with a metal spoon for scooping coffee or milk jug – Note: I think unless you know how they prepare their coffee e.g aeropress, nespresso machine, filter coffee etc, it is best to steer clear of buying coffee beans, as they may not work with their coffee equipment.
10. For the games guru – You can’t go wrong with a classics like Yahtzee or Jenga but perhaps you would like to surprise them with more modern games like Mouthguard Challenge or Bop-it add to the gift with lollies, chocolates or popcorn to create a great games night in.